Please find below some frequently asked questions about the Kofi Annan Foundation. If your question is not answered here, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. I would like to know more about Kofi Annan… Kofi A. Annan was the seventh Secretary-General of the United Nations. He served two terms, from 1 January 1997 to 31 December 2006, and was the first Secretary-General to emerge from the ranks of United Nations staff. In 2001 Kofi Annan and the United Nations were jointly awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace. The citation praised his leadership for “bringing new life to the organisation”. Read Mr. Annan’s full biography.
2. When was the Kofi Annan Foundation created? The Kofi Annan Foundation is an independent not-for-profit organisation, legally incorporated in Switzerland in 2007 by Mr. Annan.
3. What is the mission of the Kofi Annan Foundation? The Foundation supports Mr. Annan to apply his unique experience and leadership in three key areas: peace and security; sustainable development; and human rights & the rule of law. Mr. Annan’s interventions build awareness and promote constructive action. Through mediation, political mentoring, advocacy, and advice, Mr. Annan seeks to strengthen the capacity of local and international actors to address pressing challenges. The Foundation provides analytical, communication, coordination and logistical resources that enable these objectives to be achieved.
4. How is the Kofi Annan Foundation staffed? The Foundation has a small secretariat based in Geneva.
5. How is the Kofi Annan Foundation funded? The Kofi Annan Foundation is an independent not-for-profit foundation funded by a mix of public and private donors. The Foundation takes particular care to ensure that funding sources are beyond reproach and that contributions are politically untied. If you would like to support the work of the Foundation, please write to email@example.com to find out how to become a donor.
6. Does the Kofi Annan Foundation award grants or scholarships? The Kofi Annan Foundation does not make grants and does not award scholarships, grants or funding for outside projects.
7. How can I invite Kofi Annan to attend or to speak at an event? Invitations for the attention of Mr. Kofi Annan should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to the postal address below: Kofi Annan Foundation P.O. Box 157 1211 Geneva 20.
8. I am a journalist and would like to request an interview with Mr. Annan Media requests should be sent to email@example.com, or to the postal address above.
For media enquiries regarding Mr. Annan’s assignment as the Joint Special Envoy for Syria, please email Mr. Ahmad Fawzi.
9. Can I request an autograph from Kofi Annan? Mr. Annan appreciates the requests he receives for autographs. However, due to the very high number of requests, he no longer signs autographs.
10. How can I find out about employment opportunities and internships? Employment Opportunities: The Foundation currently has no vacancies. Vacancies are posted when they become available.
Internships: The Foundation offers a small number of internships to students who are studying a discipline relevant to the Foundation’s work. Candidates should send their resumé and an application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.